7 Things to Consider When Evaluating Chain Link Fence Suppliers
Posted in: Chain Link Fence
Chain link fences offer unrivaled affordability and popularity to homeowners in need of a reliable fencing solution. They also provide a sense of security to business owners, families, and school students. Individuals in search of a chain link fence can choose from thousands of providers in the United States, which can make the fence buying process a bit overwhelming. Below are 7 key traits to consider as you evaluate chain link fence suppliers in your area.
1) Years of Experience in the Chain Link Fence Industry: Ideally, a chain link fence supplier should be well established in the fencing industry. Suppliers with decades of experience in the chain link fence industry are often able to offer a level of expertise that companies newer to the industry cannot provide.
2) Reputation in the Chain Link Fence Industry. A supplier's reputation in the chain link fence industry is even more important than its length of time in the industry. A good way to assess a supplier’s reputation is to request the names of three different references in your area that have purchased a chain link fence from that provider.
3) Dependability as a Chain Link Fence Supplier. Once you have made the decision to invest in a chain link fence, you should seek a provider that offers the high level of responsiveness that you deserve. Be cautious of chain link fence suppliers who fail to return your phone calls or requests for quotations as this is a red flag for unresponsiveness if problems arise with installation or the quality of your fence.
4) Quality of Fence and Craftsmanship: Make a point to visit some of the sites where the suppliers you are considering have installed chain link fences. Pay close attention to quality indicators such as wire diameter, mesh size and the application of the fence’s protective coating. Look for signs of corrosion and rust in newly installed fences, as these problems indicate the use of poor quality materials and/or poor craftsmanship.
5) Scalability: A chain link fence provider should be able to seamlessly add on to your existing fence or offer the option to scale back your chain link fence in the future. When evaluating providers, be sure to seek one that offers flexibility and affordable modification of your existing fence.
6) The Cost to Purchase and Install a Chain Link Fence: Pricing should be a key consideration for each company that you consider. Always request a written quotation that provides a clear breakdown of the costs of materials used, labor expenses, warranty and payment terms. Be sure to ask for a clear explanation of the quality of materials quoted so that you will be able to make an apples-to-apples comparison of quotations.
7) Accreditation as a Chain Link Fence Supplier: Inquire about the presence of accreditations or certifications that each chain link fence provider possesses. In general, providers that are accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and certified by recognized industry quality agencies are safer options than companies that are not accredited or certified.
Selecting the Best Chain Link Fence Supplier
After you have completed a thorough review of the top chain link fence providers in your area, you are ready to finalize your decision. By choosing a company such as Long ® Fence, you will experience the benefits that accompany working with a proven leader in the chain link fence industry. Long ® Fence is accredited by the BBB and is a Lead Certified Renovator. Since 1945, they have been a trusted provider of chain link fences to homeowners and business owners.
We invite you to contact us to find out how a chain link fence can improve your home or business environment. Our professional fence specialists look forward to working with you!