Seven Benefits of Horizontal Wood Fences
Posted in: Wood Fencing
Horizontal wood fences are a superb choice for homeowners and business owners seeking a cost-effective, environmentally friendly fencing option that will blend well into virtually any setting. Horizontal wood fences are cost-effective, easy to install, and available in a multitude of styles. If properly maintained, horizontal wood fences can last for decades. Below are the top seven advantages of horizontal wood fences.
1) Style variety. Horizontal wood fences are popular because they are available in a variety of styles and lumber types. For instance, buyers can choose from western red cedar, Ecolife™ wood, and other types of wood. In addition to being able to choose the type of wood desired, customers can select the style that they prefer. Horizontal wood fencing style options include the following:
- Board on board
- Split rail
- Spaced board
2) Ease of installation. Horizontal wood fences are simple to install. This means that property owners can enjoy privacy faster and with minimal disruption to their home or business. Installation is so straightforward that some property owners even choose to install their own horizontal wood fences.
3) Customizable. Customers often choose horizontal wood fencing because they can create a completely customized property environment. Here are a few ways that you can customize horizontal wood fences:
- You can choose your fence height to provide your desire level of privacy
- Wood gates are available in a variety of widths
- You can stain your horizontal wood fence to match your surroundings
- Changes in fence height are easy to make by trimming fencing panels
- Horizontal wood fences can be stained the color of your choice
- You can mount some matching wooden flower boxes to fence rails
4) Environmentally friendly. Environmentally-conscious customers are increasingly choosing horizontal wood fences because they are now available with economically-friendly preservatives and stabilizers that help minimize swelling while preventing against rot and termite damage. Horizontal wood fences are also easily disposable.
5) Cost-effective. Wood fencing is one of the most affordable types of fencing available to property owners. It is significantly less costly than wrought iron fences, aluminum fences, or vinyl fences. Maintaining a horizontal wood fences is also affordable. Many wood fences can be maintained using water, a deck cleaner and scrubbing brush. With the proper care, a horizontal wood fences can last 10 to 50 years.
6) Easy to stain. With wood fencing, you can completely transform the appearance of your property by staining your horizontal wood fences. This is a key advantage for property owners who enjoy a change of scenery. In addition to providing an updated appearance, staining offers the following advantages:
- It helps thwart UV damage and color fading
- Rotting is minimized, as staining helps provide a water-resistant finish
- Staining can help prevent your wood fence from splitting
7) Blends well with nearly any setting. Wood fencing is chosen by homeowners, business owners, and government agencies alike because wood fencing blends well with all types of surroundings. As a result, horizontal wood fences can often be found in the following environments:
- University, college, and school property
- Residential settings
- Rustic environments
- Commercial properties
- Park settings
Choosing a Reliable Wood Fencing Provider
Selecting the best wood fencing provider in your area is a process that you should approach with care. When evaluating wood fencing providers, you should seek a company that is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has years of experience working with a variety of customers.
Long ® Fence has been serving the fencing needs of residential, governmental, and commercial customers since 1945. For over 70 years, Long ® Fence has been a leader in the wood fencing industry. They are accredited by the BBB and are a Lead Certified Renovator. Please contact us today to find out how we can enhance your property’s appearance and privacy with wood fencing. We look forward to hearing from you!